Monday, March 19, 2007

I am posting my blog early...I need to leave as early as possible tonight as we have company at home.

Anyway...tried to use Marvel today with some of my fifth graders. I was going to search information on Chester (can't remember his last name, but I knew it then) who was the person who invented earmuffs. We had read a story on this topic. But when I accessed Marvel, it wasn't working. We will try again tomorrow.

I am also planning to use Minerva with the same students. Having them choose a book using their lexiles and interest.

Today's information is information that I am a little less likely to use. I enjoyed it and will probably again share with my own children. My daughter who is always researching as she is a journalism major will benefit from a lot of this. My high schooler is a little less motivated...we can only hope that changes!

1 comment:

skoelker said...

Sorry to hear the Internet let you down with Marvel. Always need a backup lesson plan when hoping to use the Net. I'm assuming the wiki idea might be a bit more than you'd need in class. But then again...

spk
><>