Monday, April 2, 2007

So we have a quick minute while everyone is finishing up with their assignment planners. I feel much better about my task today. Notetaking gave me a better focus for the students I spend time with...I will have them use this to help with the summary they will create.

Did my first Power Point...really not as hard as I always thought it would be. I can see now why kids love it (and why adults use it so much for presentations). It will be important to make sure (as Steve said) to NOT allow color, etc...when doing notetaking. Way too much fun and as with so much of this could take away (once again) from the actual "thinking" that needs to take place!

Printed out the Citation Maker directions...once again I will share with my son at home, but so far he has been familiar with everything. I think I will also give information to my daughter who is a journalism major. I would love, for once, to be able to "teach" something to them. So far, NOT so good!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Burns said...

Annie Jo, Isn't it amazing (and a bit daunting) when our kids surpass us? But, it is what we want for them.
Tonight was your FIRST powerpoint?? Wow...you're quick.
Hope your mother is improving daily. You were a trooper to come to class. We love having you there.
Connie